The Africa Center for Economic Transformation is seeking an procurement officer to lead the organisation’s procurement activities.
The procurement officer will be assigned with two core tasks :
The procurement officer will furthermore managed ACET’s on-going procurement procedures.
The procurement officer will manage the procurement through the STEP system and undertake all the steps required to ensure compliance with the online system.
The procurement officer will be contracted for an initial period of 12 months, with a 6-month probation period, from 1st July 2020 to 30th June 2021.
The contract can be extended upon satisfactory performance and continuing business need.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are :
Degree should include modules of Procurement Management.
5. Possess good oral and written communication skills.
6. Be computer literate and possess experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.,) as minimum.
7. Have very good time management skills, strong interpersonal and ability to multi-task and work under time pressure.
8. Be fluent in English, including demonstrated report writing skills.
9. A drive for results while working with limited supervision (or independently) and under tight timelines and have qualitative and quantitative analytic skills.
10. Teamwork and cooperation towards achieving goals of the project.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines : Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers 1 ( Consultant Guidelines ), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines referred to above.