Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop expertise in power system protection, and all related SEL products.
2. Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, email, and telephone contact.
3. Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
4. Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
5. Teach in customer on-site and online visits, SEL University courses, and hands-on seminars for customers and SEL personnel.
6. Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
7. Model, teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
Five or more years' experience in power systems, industry practices, and protection and control
Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
Ability to direct daily work activities with limited supervision
Willingness to travel
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Proficient in English
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
M.S. in Electrical Engineering or advanced application experience in focus area*
Published application guides and technical paper at industry conference or in journal
Experience using SEL products